Thursday, May 20, 2010

Just playing around

Here's a little confession: I have no idea what I am doing more than half the time! I love kids, and I want to help the grow up in a close relationship with God. But I am not sure exactly how to do that. While some have degrees in youth ministry, I do not. This is a whole new ball park to me. I am guessing and praying most of the time.

But once in a while, I see something and I get this image in my head, and I know what I have planned is going to be awesomely fun, and I feel like I know what I'm doing. Last week, that image looked something like this:
Now, after seeing what I saw, could you pass up the candy mustaches I found in the candy isle? I didn't think so.

I wish I could say that I found some awesome and clever way to tie this into the Bible lesson we had that night, but I did not. And that's ok. Some times the best way to connect with kids it to just play around and have some fun.

And little guys have no problem doing silly little things like this. They enjoyed it just as much as I did. They have asked me for another one every time they have seen me since (and I live with 3 of them).
The Big guys on the other hand, they just give you a look like this when you ask:


Well... not all of the big kids.



P.S. Stay tuned for the Jr. Jamboree Post, it should be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment