Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How Ungreatful Am I?

This is a post from over a year ago, but I was reminded of it and though I would share it with you.

OK, I know I'm supposed to blog about the youth group and Kimberly is supposed to blog about the "D's," but I get to be a proud daddy every once in a while right? Plus, Dominick is in our youth group!... he just happens to also be my son.

This is what we passed by on our way to our Friday Night Bible adventure. It is beautiful, no? But my son saw more than I did. "Look at the awesome sky God made, Daddy!!" he said.

My son, the son who has such a busy mind and such busy hands that he never knows what I said, or what has just happened showed me what I was missing. I was missing the glory of God's creativity. Days don't just end, they each have a beautiful, amazing, and unique finale. Don't just drive by it, don't just miss it altogether, and don't forget who caused it to be.

I must stop and praise God for the beautiful work of art I was able to see, and for my son, who's heart and soul are 1,000 times more beautiful. Thank you Lord, for my little jasper.

(Mommy said it looked just as busy as you)

No comments:

Post a Comment